Many babies and young children suffer from extensive tooth decay.
A baby’s mouth, like yours and mine, is full of bacteria. These bacteria feed on sugars found in the liquids there. Many parents put their baby to sleep with a bottle to soothe and settle them down. Unfortunately the fluid (milk or juices) from the bottle pools around the teeth. Bacteria multiply and form acids, which damage the baby’s teeth. The best choice is to never put your baby to sleep with a bottle. But, if you must, remember that milk and natural juices contain sugars, so the liquid of choice for the baby’s bottle is water.